This time of year does seem to be particularly stressful for you humans for some reason. And present buying so let me make it a little easier. How about the stunning International Cat Care calendar?
Featuring 12 beautiful feline portraits it’s the purrrrfect gift for all the cat lovers in your life.
The calendar costs just £9.50 plus packing and postage, and all proceeds will help to fund International Cat Care’s (iCatCare) wonderful feline welfare work world-wide.
And here are 12 good reasons to buy it and support the charity…
1) International Cat Care is a charity whose mission is “to engage, educate and empower people throughout the world to improve the health and welfare of cats by sharing advice, training and passion”.
2) Their website is full of the most comprehensive, up-to-date, thoroughly researched information and advice.
3) The charity champions humane, non-surgical population control for street cats. They want a world where no more kittens are born to die on the streets.
4) The International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM) is the charity’s veterinary wing – set up to help make sure vets have a better understanding of their feline patients’ needs.
5) International Cat Care’s Cat Friendly Vet Practice accreditation scheme aims to make visiting the vet a happier experience for cats.
6) They are working with insurance company Agria, and the Veterinary Poisons Information Service, on a new campaign – Keeping Cats Safe.
7) They run training events, conferences and webinars for vets, vet nurses, other cat professionals and owners, and international welfare experts.
8) iCatCare produces useful videos on things like giving a pill to trapping a feral – you can find them on YouTube.
9) They produce informative guides on looking after your cat and keeping them safe – keep an eye on the website for a new guide on caring for your kitten.
10) They do lots of valuable research including looking at how cats react to new babies. They’ve used the research to develop a guide for introducing your cat to the new arrival.
11) iCatCare’s team includes Dr Andy Sparkes, one of the country’s leading feline vets and Dr Sarah Ellis, the cat behaviourist from the BBC Cat Watch series.
12) International Cat Care works for all cats – owned and unowned. Their vision is for a world where cats are treated with understanding and compassion.
So there you go. Your cat loving family or friends get a beautiful calendar and you help this wonderful charity – what’s not to like?